Anyone else throw out all their cosy winter gear when they moved to Noosa? If you are currently thinking about it…..don’t do it!
We got rid of most of our winter gear we stupidly thought we wouldn’t need scarves, jackets, boots or jumpers. We laughed at the winter clothes in ths shops and wondered why anyone would need any of that stuff on the Sunshine Coast.
We were wrong, so if you have moved to Noosa and this is your first winter consider this, houses here are not built for winter they are built to keep cool in summer. So here are my tips for staying cosy and coping with the crazy temperature difference between day and night time.1. Flannelette sheets, blankets and heavy winter duvets (doona’s) are a must
2. Hot water bottle (one of our members wraps her Pj’s in hers to make them cosy)
3. Good sheepskin slippers for all the family
4. Learn to layer your clothing, Aussie women are great at layering and looking good.
5. Go out and get some sun, your house will almost certainly be colder than it is outside.
6. If you have tiles on your bathroom floor buy some bath mats they are warmer on your toes.
For me winter is the most stunning time of year in Noosa the mornings are fresh, days are warm and glorious, night times are cool. Get out in the sun during the day and in the evening snuggle round the Chiminea with a nice glass of red whilst the kids toast marshmallows. Bliss x